I first considered the idea of DIY glitter boots upon seeing it here and here. I am pretty awful at crafting but this has been one of the easiest projects I have tackled. In all honesty, it took me greater effort locating supplies than it did painting on the glitter.
What I used:
- Cheap pair of booties (mine are a faux leather pair from Old Navy for $18)
- Martha Stewart glittering glue
- Loose chunky glitter (I found the larger pieces sparkle more and is much easier to sweep off the floor after)
- Cheap paint brush (a flat style will make it easier to reach corners precisely)
- Hairspray to set the glitter
- Newspaper to cover the work surface
1. Sandpaper the surface of the area to be glittered so that the glue and glitter will adhere better
2. Use the flat brush to evenly and precisely coat the boots in glue - taking care to wipe any glue off areas where you don't want glitter to land.
4. Wait a few minutes and spray hairspray over the glittered area to set.
5. Leave it to dry overnight and in the morning, scrape off any glitter that's not where it should be.